Committed to leading the way
As a leading construction materials company in Papua New Guinea, we are committed to leading the way in sustainability practices. We are committed to improving the communities around us and the lives of people within it. Every day we engage with employees, local communities, and stakeholders to drive sustainable work practices to deliver results that future generations will be proud of.
Monier has a proud history of supporting the communities in which we operate. We support local initiatives, charities and community groups. We are committed to being a socially responsible and valued business of those communities and make a positive impact on the wellbeing on the community.
Monier is a Papua New Guinean business and is a dedicated employer of Papua New Guineans. We believe companies that succeed in the future will be those that continuously invest in their people. Upskilling the national workforce is a founding principle of our company as we strive to better the lives of people in Papua New Guinea.
Health and Safety
Monier’s Health & Safety is transparent, inclusive, and consultative. Monier believes all injuries are preventable.
Monier Limited is committed to providing a harm free workplace whereby all risks are managed and all involved work in a safe environment. We will manage our work activities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of “No Harm” by:
- To meet and maintain the requirements of AS/NZS ISO45001
- Complying with all workplace health and safety legislation and regulations
- Providing a safe workplace
- Consulting with employees on the workplace health and safety issues in which they are involved
- Developing a personal responsibility within the workforce for workplace health and safety
- Monitoring health and safety of the worksite and measuring our performance to use as a basis of further improvement;
Health and Safety
We are focussed on developing and implementing safety management plans to:
- identify risks and hazards on the worksite and applying the appropriate levels of controls
- develop and monitor implementation of safe work methods and practices
- develop and implement safety training for all employees and subcontractors
- set measurable objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement
- ensure a thorough investigation of incidents with corrective actions implemented to prevent recurrence
We seek to continually improve the environmental outcomes of our operations. Monier focuses on reducing environmental impact of our production processes where possible.
Monier Limited is committed to undertaking its activities in an environmentally responsible manner and effectively managing any risk that may impact the environment. We will manage our work activities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of ecological sustainability and will minimise environmental impacts in all our operations by:
- complying with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory obligations relating to environmental issues
- maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing, auditing and continually improving the Environmental Management System and programs that are consistent with certification requirements of AS/NZS ISO 14001
- providing effective environmental training for all Monier employees
- taking all practicable steps to prevent pollution and other adverse effects
- conducting regular environmental audits
- establishing and reviewing meaningful and accurate environmental performance measures
- identifying, reporting, investigating, and resolving all environmental incidents and non-conformances
- developing and implementing environmental management plans to:
- control and monitor discharges to the environment
- provide spill prevention and control procedures
- apply waste minimisation principles